The position will be responsible for managing, developing, coordinating and controlling all Operational Accounting activities. Ensure policies, procedures, systems, and controls for the recording and reporting of financial operations are adhered. Maintain effective and open communication with all departments to enhance teamwork and profitability. Participate in the preparation of month end closing, balance sheet reconciliations and financial statement reporting. Interpret and prepare analysis of operating results versus budgeted plans and forecasts as requested.
- Finance lead for the accounting and reporting activities of the Rivian day to day operational accounting requirements .
- Direct the accounting organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures and corporate policy.
- Partner with the IT department in a manner to ensure correct, concise and timely information. Coordinate the development of new processes and the modification of existing processes to meet plant and division objectives.
- Provide direction to operations and leadership teams in pursuit of business goals and objectives. Implement and evaluate the effect of accounting systems changes in practice and/or procedure as required by changes within the plant or division's operations, or as disseminated by Corporate or Division Headquarters.
- Review all the operational financial statements and reports with the Operational Controller to aid the strategic decision-making process and to remedy any significant problems.
- Develop, guide, motivate, and train efficient and effective individuals to meet company and team objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure an adequate environment of internal control. Provide compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and all applicable statutory requirements.
- Lead department activities related to process improvements and standard work. Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and organization goals.
- Lead with the Operational Controller, the preparation of Operational financial activities including all internal and external reporting activities.
- Review Balance Sheet Accounts for accuracy and performs periodic balance sheet reviews with subordinates.
- Assists the Operational Controller with special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or finance is a must;
- CPA required
- 6+ years of relevant work experience; public accounting and/or industry
- Experience with advanced ERPs (preferably SAP)
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas to cross-functional executive-level management
- Ability to be nimble and comfortable working in an agile environment
- Desire to develop, implement and maintain process improvements
- Ability to conquer the ambiguous – taking complex problems and breaking them down to create feasible solutions
- A good attitude with a focus on keeping life adventurous
Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.