The Assistant Service Operations Manager - Night Shift position requires an experienced professional with high levels of energy and initiative, working knowledge of service processes, strong bias for action, and cross-functional collaboration. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must have a customer-first approach, be highly adaptable, thrive in ambiguity, capable of tackling all challenges with a creative and open mindset and subscribe to the core principles of servant leadership. This opening will be located at our South San Francisco Service Center location and reports directly to the Service Operations Manager.
- Partner with Service Operations Manager to ensure performance standards for operations and customer service are met or exceeded
- Have a thorough understanding of budget expectations and manage cost centers (working hours, inventory cost, accounts receivable) accordingly.
- Lead and manage all local operations with a hands-on mindset and servant leadership.
- Manage and be accountable for high value inventory reconciliation
- Collaborate with Service Operations, Sales, Retail, and Delivery & Field Operations teams
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams regularly on implementing and continuously improving field service operations
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate logistics and meetings with internal teams and external parties
- Lead a customer-centric team of Mobile/Service Technicians, Service Advisors, and Parts Advisors
- Fills in for Service Operations Manager in their absence
- Build a Rivian culture that is inclusive, and maintains high levels of team morale
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to high standards of safety, cleanliness, and organization
- Must be able to work from 9 PM to 6 AM
- 6+ years of related work experience in automotive, OEM, Tier 1 or related technical field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to have a direct impact on scalability in a complex organization
- Effectively manage onsite and remote service teams and a driver of people performance
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Ability to read and speak fluent English
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills with a focus on operational excellence
- Demonstrated high-level administrative experience, including advanced computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy, and tact
- Proven ability to effectively handle and adapt to multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of automotive equipment and servicing methods
- Automotive technical and repair knowledge skills preferred
- Able and flexible to travel as needed
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Experience in leading automotive or high-tech team-orientated, fast-paced work environment
- Understanding of problem-solving methods such as SWOT Analysis, Lean implementations, Six Sigma operational and Visual Management standards preferred
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Minimum age of 21
- No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License (within a 3-5 year period)
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
Salary Range/Hourly Rate for California Based Applicants: $116,000 - $134,000 per year (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.