Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
We are seeking a Structural Engineer to join the Systems team, which owns the development of the battery enclosure and accompanying subsystem design for Form Energy’s commercial product. In this role, you will focus on the analysis and design of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) Enclosures with the ability to grow your knowledge in different areas as you interact with subject matter experts. This is a unique opportunity to develop a broad range of skills while doing your part to fight climate change!
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for structural analysis of BESS enclosures optimizing for material weight and cost
- Develop structural calculators for in-house design and fabrication of test stands and seismic anchorage
- Responsible for seismic design of non-building structures, seismic anchorage of mechanical and electrical components
- Perform trade studies for cost to inform project teams in making design decisions
- Collaborate with systems, battery module and compliance engineering teams to establish cross-functional design requirements
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with emphasis on structural engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of structural design experience
- Proficiency in structural analysis tools such as STAAD.Pro
- Proficiency with CAD tools such as AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Sound knowledge of building codes and material standards
- Strong communication skills within a group of peers and broader organization including remote team members
- Enjoys a fast paced work environment
- Battery and fabrication experiences are a plus
- Product development experience is a plus
- Professional engineer (P.E.) or ability to receive it is a plus
The salary range for this role is $103,330 - $127,460. The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.