Rivian is looking for a motivated Lead Technician, Facilities Operations, Services who will report to the Manager, Facilities Operations, Services. This role will be based at our Normal, IL automotive plant expected to manage preventative maintenance, equipment, vendor set-up, furniture builds, furniture deployment, incoming ticket requests, and assist in space management, along with other ad-hoc requirements.
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility and culinary equipment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair.
- Perform root cause failure analysis to reduce common and repeat failure modes.
- Onboard, manage and submit POs for vendors.
- Support the EH&S team by complying with all safety procedures and requirements
- Prepare and respond to work orders in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service standards.
- Track and complete work orders using CMMS.
- Update and maintain accurate records and official documentation for the site.
- Regularly conduct space walkthroughs to ensure the highest standards on space cleanliness, organization, and proactive maintenance needs.
- Assist in commissioning new spaces (facilities, labs, offices) and new office set-up. Tracking of FFE deployment, inventory, damage, and repairs.
- Complete onsite moves and set-up
- Onsite event support.
- Assist with weekend coverage from time to time.
- Help with 5S, inventory, and organization projects.
- Minimum 2 years of facilities maintenance experience
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Experience with power tools and building furniture.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Basic Microsoft Office abilities and proficiency in a range of information technology tools and platforms
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Ability to be flexible and change practices that are not accomplishing needed results.
- Safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license as this role is expected to operate a company vehicle
- Experience operating box trucks and forklifts is preferred
- Candidate must be open to pursuing a forklift certification