Senior systems analyst will own the configuration and maintenance of Oracle Transportation Management system. It is a key function supporting the Outbound Logistics at Rivian and acts as a SME driving process enhancements, establishing and guiding the user team about good practices, leading the efforts to discuss and evaluate the business needs, brainstorm with the developers and product management team, and finally implement the update along with sharing the desk procedures.
The ideal candidate possesses in depth knowledge of OTM and can handle any system update or issues with minimum guidance. The ideal candidate can mine the data from Oracle server, find the root cause of any gaps and communicate a plan to stop such issues from reoccurring. Also, can communicate complex issues and ideas to a variety of audiences, brainstorm as a team and confidently present a proposal to the leadership across the organization. We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented candidate with an analytical mindset and hands on experience with finished vehicle OTM system. Having a positive attitude will benefit this position greatly as the role requires flexing into other roles as needed. The ideal candidate must be willing to roll-up sleeves and dive into the weeds.
- Detail oriented and Act as Subject Matter Expert for the setup and maintenance of Outbound vehicle logistics transportation management system (Oracle)
- Lead the efforts to define the interfaces to supporting systems such as Yard Management System (YMS), SAP and others
- Act as a primary point of contact between the developers and users, coordinate system issue resolution, and identify and drive enhancements.
- Own and maintain the master data (including but not limited to location, region, network leg, rates, accessorial, service provider, service time, distance, equipment group, calendars etc.)
- Establish a master data check logic and implement routine checks to keep OTM updated
- Monitor the orders flowing to the system and order planning to ensure the cars are routed right. Act as primary contact with the order management system to handle the issues if any
- Configure and update the system to suit the business needs and fix the anomalies discovered by the team during daily operations
- Identify, document and drive improvements in methods of using systems within Outbound, including processes and desk procedures
- Support TMS launch activities including User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Own the development and maintenance of operational dashboards and KPIs
- Mine the data from Oracle server using SQL to assist the team with data analysis and schedule daily reports using BI publisher to assist the team with daily metrics that need to be monitored
- Support AdHoc data mining requests and critical system related issues over a weekend OR holiday if needed
- Act as back up and support for other roles within the Outbound Logistics team
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with using, setting up and maintaining a Transportation Management System, preferably Oracle TM for finished vehicle shipment
- Thorough understanding of IT processes and procedures relative to system launch, drafting system level requirements and UAT, and roll out of enhancements
- Expert user in MS Excel – ability to create pivot table and sophisticated charts, i.e., multiple axis and data series, use of short cuts, and VLOOKUP functionality
- Advanced SQL knowledge is a must
- Basic knowledge of Tableau, MS Access and Alteryx is a must. Advanced skills are a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time