The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy – seeks a manager to work with SACE’s Electric Transportation Team advocating for rapid and equitable electric transportation adoption in the Southeast. This position will ideally be based in Georgia.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) is a regional, not-for-profit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible and equitable energy choices that work to address the impacts of global climate change and ensure clean, safe, and healthy communities throughout the Southeast. As a leading voice or energy policy in our region SACE is focused on transforming the way we produce and consume energy in the Southeast.
For more information about our work, visit www.cleanenergy.org. For information specific to our Electric Transportation Program, visit www.electrifythesouth.org.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the position is working to accelerate the transition to equitable electric transportation in the Southeast by promoting consumer and fleet electric car, truck, bus, and mobility adoption. The immediate focus will be on work in Georgia and North Carolina.
Central to the role will be
• working with allies to identify and engage in state and local-level electric transportation-related public policies, regulations, programs, and advocacy;
• educating and engaging stakeholders, especially those from underserved communities;
• understanding and amplifying transportation-related needs and priorities in underserved communities;
• identifying and promoting federal funding opportunities in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act that address underserved community needs and priorities, reduce carbon emissions, and achieve Justice40 goals;
• leveraging SACE’s blog and social media channels to communicate about electric transportation and equity to a wide, general audience.
The secondary role of the position will be as an advisor and resource for SACE’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, which is focused on infusing these principles throughout the organization’s culture, programs, and activities.
• Solutions focused: SACE is looking for people who can adapt and roll with the punches. Inevitably, challenges will arise, and the most successful team members are ones who, when faced with challenges, immediately begin thinking of potential solutions and how to adapt.
• Collaborative and independent: We need team members who can take initiative, operate well independently, and be a part of a team.
• Building a learning culture: SACE is looking for people who love reflecting and learning in everything they do so we can keep adapting and growing as a team.
• Goal-oriented: We need a team that understands long- and short-term goals
• Cultural competency: Our constituency is politically, racially, generationally, and economically diverse.
• Credible: SACE’s power comes from our commitment to accuracy and relationship follow-through.
Qualifications & Skills
The position requires that the individual possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively when speaking and writing, and manage their time efficiently. Additional qualifications sought in an individual employed in this position include:
• Ideally based in Georgia
• Commitment to clean energy policy and civic engagement
• Experience working in the equity and environmental justice space, particularly with communities of color
• Familiarity with environmental issues, clean energy, or policy advocacy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, active listening, and emotional intelligence
• Prefer a candidate with experience in transportation or equitable mobility but not required as mentoring and professional development will be available
• Able to work effectively with partner organizations
• Comfortable engaging and educating the general public and decision-makers in person and virtually
• Comfortable working remotely, either from home or at a coworking space
• Ability to travel regionally as needed
• Enjoy getting to know new people
• Ability to juggle several projects at one time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• A belief in the mission, goals, and values of Southern Alliance for Clean Energy.
Salary and Benefits
SACE offers a full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, paid vacation, flex time, paid sick leave, sabbatical and generous holiday time off. The salary range for this position is $59,000 – 64,000. Additionally, SACE will provide support for training to deepen skillset when appropriate.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. SACE is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, veteran, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to email@example.com with the subject line “Electric Transportation Equity Manager.” References will be required of candidates during the interview process, and a background check may be performed. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by our HR Director as well as a senior member of our staff.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org