As a Part-Time Vehicle Operations Specialist "VOS", you will be a key contributor to the success of our Delivery & Field Operations organization. Are you looking for a job with some flexibility? Are you detail orientated, keep things clean, love to organize, love working in a values-based culture that encourages diversity? We are looking for diverse backgrounds such as experience in retail, warehousing, and service industries. The VOS works in coordination with Delivery & Mobile Operations, Service Operations, and our fleet teams to facilitate vehicle logistics activities, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience. We’re looking for someone who loves operational excellence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and has the desire to grow.
This role is a gateway to operations because you like to make things easier and faster for others. It's an exciting career as all companies need an expert in operations management where people solve problems collaboratively, are curious in nature, and love to make sense of things.
- Ensure product quality standards through washing and final touch on vehicles
- Maintain charge status for vehicles and daily inventory
- Manage the communication of defects to detail and service department
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining secure key management for vehicle inventory
- Consistently execute daily activities through team focused work ethic/growth mindset and display strong and proactive communication skills
- Maintain vehicle inventory in our lotsand ensure there are always safe drive lanes
- Shuttling vehicles to/from secondary locations
- Participates in workshops that improve quality and efficiencywith guidance from leads/managers
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested from the business
- 1+ years' of experience with operations, logistics, or lot management preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between 20-30 hours per week on average to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Working knowledge with computers and software including Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from)
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period; Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks based on level of importance and urgency
- Ability to self-motivate and work consistently with limited direction
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in a full service retail center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
Salary Range: $26-$28 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience and other factors permitted by law).
Part-Time Benefits Summary:Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for part-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective after 3 months of employment, and Rivian covers partial premiums. Rivian also offers paid parental leave, paid time off, sick leave, life & disability insurance, and more for part-time employees.