Amogy is a technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. We are highly focused and ambitious. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of ammonia-driven green mobility and its economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a Principal Chemical Engineer to lead and execute research and development projects from concept to scale-up. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to design, analyze, integrate, and test reactor and separation technologies for Amogy’s next-generation power solutions.
- Lead the development and optimization of catalytic reactor systems and separation processes.
- Create and review basis of design, process description, operating philosophy, process simulations, process diagrams, process equipment specifications, and experimental test procedures.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed in design of lab and pilot scale facility.
- Utilize process modeling and data analysis tools to help decide the direction of R&D work.
- Document test results and innovations in technical reports and invention disclosures.
- Lead R&D projects and track project schedules for internal teams as well as external suppliers or consultants.
- Provide day-to-day technical mentorship for chemical engineers and lab technicians.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering with 8+ years of professional experience, or PhD in Chemical Engineering with 4+ years of professional experience.
- Deep understanding of chemical process design, simulation, and energy and mass balance.
- Experienced in reactor design, separation processes, process equipment selection, experimental design and testing, and the overall product development process.
- Good understanding of data analysis and regression principles and tools.
- General understanding of process safety principles and standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience demonstrating reforming and gas separation systems at both lab and pilot scales.
- Experience developing high-temperature components such as reactors and heat exchangers.
- Working knowledge of catalytic and adsorbent process technology.
- Previously taken one or more hardware products from concept to commercialization.
By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.