What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re continuing to build our in-house underwriting team at Octopus Electric Vehicles. The focus is currently on assessing B2B credit risk for our business contract hire and salary sacrifice products, but also includes consumer credit assessments.
We’re creating a new set of policies, processes and tech tools to efficiently and accurately assess credit risk. To help us do that, we’re hiring a Credit & Underwriting Specialist. This is a key hire, with potential to grow into a senior position within the business over time.
Our goal is to become an industry leader in our ability to provide quick credit line decisions to both B2B and consumer clients. We will build and invest in best in class technology and datasets to help you achieve that goal.
There will be an opportunity for the right candidate to shape the role and the structure of our new credit team.
What you'll do
- Manage the day-to-day credit and underwriting process
- Review and manage credit escalations and referrals
- Own underwriting decisions for clients not captured by our auto-underwriting process (up to an agreed limit, based on experience)
- Support in development of consumer scorecards, underwriting policy, process and systems
What you'll need
- Willingness to get hands on with processing and evaluating credit applications ranging from consumer to larger corporates (essential)
- Ability to interpret credit application information - e.g. accounts and KPIs provided by clients (essential)
- Experience working in a hands-on credit assessment & underwriting role
- Knowledge of credit policies
- Familiar with automated credit decisioning platforms (e.g. Lending Metrics)
- Experience in vehicle leasing
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.