Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
Form Energy is seeking a talented and experienced Staff Battery Engineer to join our dynamic Cathode Team. Our Cathode Team is a cross-disciplinary group of experts in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering. Together, we’re responsible for designing, developing, and integrating our cutting-edge cathode technology for Form Energy’s Fe-Air multi-day battery.
As a Staff Battery Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the performance and reliability of the cathode in Form Energy’s product-scale test vehicles and batteries, making significant contributions to the operational success of our Iron-Air Battery as a whole. We are looking for someone who has hands-on experience with battery testing in electrochemical devices and a proactive, interdisciplinary approach to problem-solving.
What You'll Do:
- Prioritize safety as you carry out the entire electrochemical testing and battery operation process, ranging from the design phase, to implementation, and finally to post-test investigation
- Design, execute, and interpret cathode electrochemical tests in product test vehicles and Form Energy field-deployed batteries
- Identify performance gaps in product testing compared to R&D-scale electrochemical data and take action to close those gaps
- Own, perform, and thoroughly document Root Cause Analyses to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborate closely with our product and battery testing teams to analyze complex electrochemical data
- Pre/post-test materials characterization of cathodes in collaboration with our internal material experts and external vendors
- Mentor, guide, and support team members with your expertise and practical experience
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years hands-on experience testing, evaluating, and performing experimental design in fuel cells, electrolyzers, batteries, or other electrochemical systems
- Experience integrating and interpreting complex electrochemical data collected from multiple sources
- Solid communication skills within a group of peers and the broader organization, including remote team members
- Expertise with failure prediction and investigation methods, such as RCA and FMEA
- Hands-on practical experience with deployed market-ready products is a plus
- Experience with experimental design and statistical software such as JMP, Minitab, etc. is a plus
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.