The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Supply Chain Engineering professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Supply Chain Engineer will be responsible for engineering end-to-end supply chain, logistics, and material flow processes from external warehouses to assembly line. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the engineering process, from concept design to successful implementation and everything in between.
- Development of large-scale supply chain and logistics processes from external warehouses to assembly line in partnership with production control, packaging planning, inbound logistics, factory design, and manufacturing engineering.
- Detailed process design including value-stream, logistics, routing, and warehouse design.
- Implement material flow equipment such as conveyors, EMS systems, AGVs, and ASRS systems.
- Develop models to analyze the cost, throughput, and space factors for part sequencing, material batching, intermediate storage locations, and other material flow strategies.
- Plan, manage, and communicate project schedule ensuring alignment to overall program milestones.
- Be responsible for and ensure safety, quality, cost, timing & throughput targets are achieved on all projects.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of supply chain or material flow engineering functional experience
- 3+ years of managing supply chain engineering teams
- 5+ years with data-based development of end-to-end supply chain, logistics, and/or material flow processes for high volume, high complexity production or logistics facilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in layout planning using 2D or 3D (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.) design platforms.
- 1+ years’ experience with modeling or simulation software (Flexsim, AnyLogic, etc.)
- 1+ years’ experience working with data visualization tools (MS PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong analytical ability to break down complex problems and data sets to derive meaningful, actionable results and properly communicate with leadership teams
- MBA or master’s degree in related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® or APICS CPIM/CSCP/CLTD certifications are a plus
- 7+ years of experience in a Supply Chain, Engineering, or Program Management function
- Experience working with Manufacturing Execution, Material Requirements Planning, Warehouse Management, or Yard Management (MES, MRP, WMS, YMS) systems is a plus
- Experience using Python for data analysis and/or workflow automation is a plus
- Ability to understand Engineering and Design direction and provide focused supply-chain solutions accordingly
- Experience with automotive, electronic, or consumer products, and the design and manufacture thereof