Kraken is the technology behind Octopus Energy.
Octopus Energy Group is a global energy transition company - made up of 10 businesses in 9 countries across 4 continents that touch nearly every point in the energy value chain and invest heavily in technology to support our mission to accelerate decarbonisation faster and cheaper for customers. Octopus Energy is valued at $5 billion and is one of energy-tech’s fastest-growing private companies.
Octopus’ cloud software technology platform Kraken Tech launched to market four years ago, offering utility clients end-to-end customer management through one simple solution aimed at helping utilities and their customers transition into a decarbonised future.
Since then it has grown rapidly, disrupting the incumbent tech landscape, with 25 million contracted accounts across 9 markets globally, including across Europe in the UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany. Kraken has secured licensing deals with large international energy clients like E.ON, EDF Energy, as well as Origin Energy in Australia and Tokyo Gas in Japan, replacing their core technology stack, re-imaging their operations with an unblemished track record of transformation success.
We are on track to meet our ambition to grow to 100 million households by 2027 through expansion of the business with increasing interest and activity in Europe. We have localised the Kraken platform for the French, Italian, Spanish and German markets and industry with an eye towards partnership of large European utilities and retailers looking to transform their business and enable future energy models.
We're looking for someone to lead sales for Kraken across Europe, but there's probably some things you should know...
You’ll work as an expert in our Kraken Tech cloud software platform and the energy tech market to build and lead the Kraken sales team in Europe. We need someone with Energy Tech (enTech) experience and specifically in the energy & utility industry with background in customer applications - ideally CIS, CRM solutions like SAP, Oracle Utilities and Salesforce.
If you’re looking to leverage regulated and competitive SaaS sales experience and enjoy a fast-paced, autonomous, high-growth environment, then here’s your chance. Help drive our mission in a brand new market and sell advanced technology to accelerate future energy systems.
This is an EU and potential EMEA wide position reporting into the Kraken leadership team based out of headquarters in London, UK. You’ll be supported and connected to the global development and marketing teams.
You can be based in the following countries we have offices in; Munich/Berlin, London, Paris, Milan or Valencia.
What you'll do
- Develop client sales and growth/revenue from the ground up
- Execute on product portfolio messaging and positioning: Co-develop and support the the value proposition, develop positioning and messaging for the Kraken software platform and our technology capabilities, and evangelise it across the EU market
- Be an expert on the energy industry and EU markets as well as Kraken’s software platforms and services
- You’ll develop an informed point of view on our market, the competition and how to position Kraken as a leader within that space
What you'll need
- Stellar performance track record building and closing sales in the energy space as an experienced sales professional
- Experience within Energy Tech (enTech) and specifically in the utility industry
- Solid and varied network of energy clients, partners and solution contacts across North America
- Deep experience presenting and negotiating with C-suite clients and initiating strategic conversations
- To be a team player who can work effectively with your national and global team
- To be excited by travel to support our EU global team and clients
Why this role is different and why to apply
- This is an opportunity to be part of the business and sales team that is changing the face of the energy industry and revolutionising what the future energy systems will look like for businesses and consumers. We are looking for someone who is experienced and eager to challenge and disrupt the industry and the traditional incumbent players. Read more about how we migrated customers onto Kraken in record time, E.ON record profit turnaround and our Fundraising.
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.