Working Student - Fianace & Accounting
Job Title: Working student - Accounting
Department: Global Accounting and Reporting
Reporting Line: Global Financial Operations Manager
Location: Berlin, Germany
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the Mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.8 million customers and over 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Accounting Intern will be part of the global Accounting team and support the daily accounting tasks and activities. This includes shadowing accounting department staff members, assisting with the financial report preparation process, track and analyzing financial information.
Our global team in Berlin is located in Berlin-Friedrichshain near Ostkreuz/RAW location with currently 45 well-versed team players from across the globe.
- Assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, such as invoicing and payment processing
- Reconciling bank statements and other financial accounts.
- Assist in preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements.
- Assist in analyzing financial data and preparing financial forecasts.
- Conducting research to support accounting projects.
- Performing general bookkeeping tasks, such as recording transactions and maintaining financial records.
- Helping with month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Participating in audits and providing support as needed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Fluent English & German skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Proficient in using accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Enrolled in studies, ideally in business administration with a focus on Accounting
Join us to be part of an incredible company that is making a meaningful difference across Africa. Our team has the autonomy to be creative, work entrepreneurially, and solve big, juicy problems.
We appreciate our team with an array of strong benefits. Along with being part of a life-changing mission and a community of fantastic teammates, here’s what you can expect:
- Attractive salary
- Flexibility to work in a state-of-the-art office, along with home office solutions
- Fun team building offsite events at scenic countryside locations
- Office kicker table for lunchtime games, free drinks and fruit, and opportunity to take part in regular team events
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!