Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a SME, Reporting and Reconciliation to support the company’s overall Business Intelligence (BI) strategy using Qlik Sense, Tableau and Snowflake. The SME reports to the Financial Services Support Department Manager and will be responsible for the development, design, and deployment of applications to different BI platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI solutions.
- Aggregate data from multiple sources in an efficient data model and design enterprise-level solutions for multidimensional databases.
- Creates reports, dashboards, and other visualizations that provide clarity to end users.
- Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements.
- Interact with report owners/requirements analyst to establish/clarify their requirements and develop report specifications.
- Works closely with the BI Team to ensure compliance with all standards, and to ensure that the project deliverables are consistent with the integrated data model.
- SME for troubleshooting and management.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Design, Management Information Systems, Math, Statistics, Engineering or related fields
- Work Experience:
- At least 4-5 years of relevant work experience
- At least 2-3 years experience in BI developer role specifically using QlikSense, Tableau and/or Snowflake
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to relate well to all members of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate high standards of customer service and accountability for program results
- Proficiency in MS Office suite; Advanced Excel skill is required, experience with Power Query, Macro/VBA a plus
- Knowledgeable on advanced BI platform functions, modeling, and design.
- Preferably has a background in the Financial Services Industry
- Strong ability to adapt to change, independent, self-starter attitude with the ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little supervision or direction
- Capable of successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Quick to learn and to retain new information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and staff
- Organized approach and able to work under pressure and Ability to work in a high-stress, high-volume production support environment
- Exceptional attention to detail. Must be willing to explore into the deepest levels of detail to understand current software nuances and troubleshoot defects that impact them
- Must be able to distill critical problems and recommendations for business stakeholders to diligently test all use cases for software changes
- Self-motivated, can work with minimum supervision with a strong desire to learn and accept new challenges, results and process-oriented
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems
- Core work schedule is APAC shift, with shifting hours depending on the projects and issues being addressed
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Location: ROHQ
- This is an FTE position
- Candidate must be willing to work in Binan Laguna and legally entitled to work/reside in the Philippines
- Candidate must be flexible to work on a night shift schedule supporting North America region and willing to render overtime as business requires (weekends, US/PH holidays)
- Candidate will be on flexible work arrangement (combination of onsite and remote work)
- Tool of Trade: Laptop/Desktop, Extended Monitor, Headset (as needed)
- Job Grade: PA. 43
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.