About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Director of Business Development at Aurora Solar, you will be responsible for driving growth through channel & distribution partnerships, system integrators, partnerships with third parties to enhance our product’s attractiveness in a way that drives more revenue, and other strategic initiatives to propel Aurora to the next level. This is a highly strategic role that will have a significant impact on Aurora Solar’s business and the broader solar industry.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of several business development professionals, providing direction, guidance, and coaching to drive results and meet growth targets
- Develop and execute a business development and partnerships strategy that aligns with Aurora Solar’s overall growth goals and objectives
- Identify and evaluate potential partnerships that will enhance the Aurora Solar platform and add value to our customers as well as increase revenue to Aurora, such as financing integrations with third-party financiers
- Build and manage relationships with key channel partners and system integrators to drive product adoption and revenue growth
- Draft partnership agreements and drive them to completion through legal teams at Aurora and partner companies in a way that’s mutually beneficial
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and coordination across the organization, including product, marketing, and finance
- Continuously monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to identify new growth opportunities
What we value:
- 10+ years of experience in business development, partnerships, and product teams in the technology industry, with a proven track record of driving growth and achieving KPI targets
- 2+ years of experience managing business development personnel
- Strong strategic, systems-level thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and evaluate new business opportunities
- Experience in developing and managing partnerships and relationships with key customers and partners and leading strategic enterprise-level deals with lighthouse partners
- Excellent communication and social skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with a willingness to take on new opportunities and drive results
- Passion for sustainability and renewable energy, with a deep investment in Aurora Solar's mission and values
For New York City-based candidates, the salary range for this role is $205,000.00 to $277,000.00. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including skills, qualifications, and location.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.