Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
The Sr. Director of Continuous Improvement is responsible for delivering productivity, cycle time improvement, and sustainable cost reduction to SunPower’s supply chain organization. This leader will scale up a ‘center of excellence’ at SunPower; capable of identifying the highest ROI projects within the operations organization and aligning cross functional support to ensure proper project staffing. This position oversees multiple direct reports, spanning program management, analytics, and complex supply chain optimization modeling. The role will require strong facilitation skills with senior leadership to diagnose process gaps affecting the SunPower customer experience, and strong financial acumen to create robust modeling for expected benefits and risks across all projects. This leader must be an excellent meeting facilitator and have outstanding written communication skills to produce compelling project proposals. The Supply Chain Center of Excellence will drive projects in the coming years to enhance the organization’s supply and demand planning tools, supplier collaboration capabilities, and end-to-end cost analytics. Having an extensive background in operations and supply chain, and experience in leading complex change management initiatives is essential to be successful in this role.
*Depending on the location of the successful candidate, this position may be filled in Richmond, CA or Bellevue, WA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a project ‘funnel’ to characterize the highest ROI projects, cross functional dependencies, and risk/benefit analysis.
- Sponsors process deep dives, or Kaizen events, to create gap analyses and areas warranting process improvement.
- Develops and maintains a roadmap for long-term, sustainable cost reduction initiatives, including investments in tools and infrastructure that provide automated reporting and/or supplier collaboration.
- Provides leadership in annual goal setting, cost savings targets, and aligning department staffing to support future business growth.
- Creates and develops a team of principal program managers to create high quality process standards and/or scalable processes with SunPower’s internal and external partners.
- Provides ongoing continuous improvement in developing best in class WBR, MBR, and QBR business reviews.
- Candidates must be located near one of our office locations in Richmond, CA or Bellevue, WA and willing to go into an office as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Master's degree in one of the areas noted above, or equivalent executive level certification
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in supply chain, finance, or operations with proven track-record of building a high performing team
- Extensive experience in program management at a company of >$1B in annual revenue.
- Strong financial acumen, ability to lead projects with direct impact to the P&L.
- Experience writing project proposals for executive level funding approval.
- Extensive people management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent and mentor high performing, experienced leaders
- Outstanding Project management sponsorship skills
- Travel required to meet with various SunPower teams across the US (approximately 50%).
- Experience in the solar industry, or experience a related technology industry.
- LEAN, 6-sigma, or equivalent training.
- Strong background in ERP, supply/demand planning tools
- Previous experience in procurement or planning
*Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, short and long-term incentives, and a comprehensive and competitive benefits program which includes health insurance coverage, employee wellness, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and so much more.
*Please note the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and in the geographical location noted.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.