This is a core operational (non-procurement) role: Execute inbound operations for Normal plant facility and supplier locations while also providing support to the other Rivian locations. At Rivian, logistics operations including all modes of transportation (parcel, truck, air, ocean, rail), domestic and international, inbound, outbound, and special projects.
- Work with 3PL’s, freight forwarders, and carriers to ensure product is picked-up and delivered on-time and delivered undamaged
- Provide a customer-oriented approach to support the internal customers. Support for shipping receiving, and warehousing when necessary
- Handle scheduling and execution of Operations utilizing all modes of transportation
- Ownership of issue resolution on transportation related questions, concerns, escalations.
- Be willing to roll-up your sleeves and dive into the weeds as this role is both strategic and tactical
- Collaborate cross-functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, business, or related field required.
- 3+ years of experience in the automotive/operational logistics industry
- Ability to develop and interpret data to drive execution and decision-making
- In-depth understanding of logistics’ relationships with other parts of the automotive ecosystem
- Hands-on experience working with a TMS
- Can work independently with little direct supervision.
- Team player
- Must be able to work hours Monday to Friday 10pm - 6am.