In this unique Project Manager role, you will lead a team that is responsible for Rivian vehicles as they leave the paint shop ready for their adventures. As vehicles roll off the paint line, your team will shift the gears across multiples scenarios, ensuring standards are in place to detect, manage and fix any issues, diagnosing concerns, and ensuring that anything you find is fully resolved to the highest standards of quality and workmanship before the vehicle is shipped to general assembly. You’ll also act a point of contact with engineering, quality, body, suppliers, TA, finance, T&D, and ME to ensure root cause is addressed and avoid recurrence, analyze complex data to suggest changes to products and processes to help the team improve. You will act as a link with support areas like TA, Finance, T&D, ME in order to develop and execute strategies that assure flawless quality, manage the change, act as mentor and coach for salaried and hourly crew to deploy lean manufacturing and data-driven strategies.
- Analyze complex data thru six sigma analysis
- Deploy Lean Manufacturing strategies to avoid waste.
- Design, Plan, Adjust Master schedules for complex projects (Equipment, process, people) with demanding due dates
- Ambassador of Continuous improvement with high skilled approach to detect and fix non-Value-added activities.
- Plan and adjust labor and overhead for future programs.
- Forecasting and assurance of budget
- Negotiate manpower and budget with Manufacturing and Finance
- Rebalance and allocate Labor according to operations Demand.
- Process auditing and confirmation for RIOS Standards.
- Workstation Design (Layout, time studies, Error proofing)
- Running production (Bottlenecks, Constraint analysis, idle time).
- Design and deploy Quality control and quality feedback initiatives.
- 7-10 years working experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred (preferably Automotive).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, program management, or related
- 5+ years Manufacturing Supervisory Experience Preferred (preferably automotive).
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI's, and efficiency reporting.
- Experience developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Experience with problem-solving tools such as Drill down trees, 8Ds, PFMEA, Geometrical analysis, Pareto’s, Regression, Cause and effect diagrams, SPC
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Experience in a high-mix, high-volume environment is highly preferred.
- Experience providing leadership to managers, supervisors, and/or professional staff.
- Ability to alternate between sitting, standing, and walking 8-12 hours per day.
- Ability to climb steps to access parts and materials.
- Lifting/carrying (moving materials) up to 45 lbs., pushing/pulling with a force of up to 10 lbs.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and manipulate materials and equipment.
- Able to position one’s body to access in and around materials. (bending/squatting/stooping/kneeling/reaching below waist and above shoulder)