Interested in joining a growing company where you will work with talented colleagues, enhance a supportive and energetic culture, and be part of the climate solution? At Energy Solutions, we focus on the significant impacts. And market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 28 years, we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Energy Solutions is seeking a mid-level DevOps Engineer to join our Information Systems team. You will work with our engineers and outside DevOps contractors to support various tools, users, and existing software systems that facilitate the distribution of incentives for clean energy technologies reporting systems. You will bring technical expertise and a team-oriented approach to handle various tasks to maintain systems that meet the needs of our clients as well as the energy and cost savings goals of the programs we support.
This unique position is perfect for individuals with technical prowess who want to impact energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities and other clients around the country.
Persons filling this position can choose to work from our Northern California office in Oakland, our Southern California office in Orange, or our Boston, Massachusetts office. We will also consider remote candidates in other parts of the United States.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support a variety of Cloud-based deployments across multiple projects
- Respond to support tasks with timely solutions
- Assist in building and maintaining testing tools, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Provide technical direction and guidance to team members
- Assist in troubleshooting issues relating to AWS, networking, databases, etc.
- Monitor system operations to detect potential problems
- Read, write, review, and verify scripts in python and other scripting languages.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent technical background with 3+ years of professional engineering experience
- Knowledge of modern DevOps practices (e.g., GitOps, CI/CD pipelines)
- Experience as a system administrator for Linux systems
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Python and Django. Similar object-oriented languages and frameworks will also be considered.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Experience with relational databases, including MySQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or similar
Salary DOE: $80k -$110k/Annually
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply for this position, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information necessary to complete background checks and drug screens is required. Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE
How to Apply
Please click here to apply online.