Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for project execution across the SunPower Direct portfolio in the region. The Manager is highly engaged in the day to day operations in the field, but is also responsible for closed loop learning and continuous improvement.
- Manage a team of Project Managers
- Accountable for kW projections on a weekly basis
- Accountable for kW delivery (inspections passed) on a weekly and quarterly basis
- Direct support on project escalations
- Direct Project Management of complex and VIP projects in the region
- Identify gaps in process and operationalize
- Accountable for managing project costs and hitting cost reduction targets
- Strategize knowledge transfer and training for new products and processes
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in collaboration with internal development teams (products, IT, etc.)
- Identify areas of concern in the project portfolio and strategize to solve issues
- Develop and participate in change management for continuous development of SOP's
- Report out QC results for the region and identify areas of concern/focus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of solar construction experience
- Experience managing people and processes in a fast paced, results driven company
- Competent on CRM software such as Salesforce for running reports
- Strong interpersonal skills; team player attitude
- Ability to help build and strengthen an organization, building structure over time
- NABCEP PV Installer certification
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-6 years of related experience
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.