The Rivian Supply Chain team is looking for highly motivated and exceptional Purchasing professionals to bring Rivian’s engineered products to life. In this role, the Senior Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing and managing parts that make up the building blocks of the R1T, R1S, and Electric Delivery Vehicles. As a Lead Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the awarding of new business, developing strong supplier relationships, and working side by side with our engineering counterparts to push the envelope of our technical requirements. You will also take the lead in making sure Rivian can meet its cost targets, suppliers deliver to our aggressive timelines, and parts are received at the highest level of quality. In our team, we expect our people to own every aspect of the sourcing process from start to finish and everything in between. This role reports to the Group Manager of the Thermal/Powertrain team within the Vehicle Team of Supply Chain Organization.
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing suppliers, market conditions, and technology roadmaps
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions, and Production Supply Agreements
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and road map for Rivian Stakeholders
- Communicate closely with program management to support prototype requirements, execute against build milestones, and track sourcing progress
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain best prototype and production pricing based on targets
- Perform a deep dive analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown data
- Support supplier quality and technical reviews
- Review engineering development costs with engineering leads to ensure best cost is attained
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
- 5+ years purchasing, buying, or procurement experience.
- 3+ years experience with automotive, manufacturing, or other related industries
- 5+ years MS Office
- 7+ years of Thermal purchasing experience
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled
- Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- California Salary Range: $135,000-$155,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
- Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.