Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
Open to candidates in Seattle, San Jose, Austin and Richmond, CA.
We are looking for software engineers to deliver high-quality experiences that delight customers. Our Software Engineers work directly with business and product owners to design new systems and features to make financing and paying for solar simple, fast and easy. Our software engineering teams have a considerable amount of autonomy to solve customer problems in the best way they see fit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop solutions on the Salesforce platform, Amazon Connect and other AWS Services to meet end-to-end process requirements to support a globalized operations process.
- Conduct technology/solution evaluation and recommend the appropriate solution to support operations business needs.
- Work with product owners to ensure that relevant information systems effectively serve business needs.
- Project member through all phases of the project lifecycle, including Analysis, Requirements Definition, Design, Build & Test, Conversion, and Deployment for operations delivery functionality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field, plus 4+ years of relevant development experience on the Salesforce platform.
- Engineering degree preferred OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, AWS Services [NodeJs or Python]
- Experience in using efficient methodologies (e.g. Agile – test-driven development) and continuous deployment tools (e.g. Git/Jenkins/SourceTree/BitBucket/etc.)
- Experience in integrating systems using Web Services, REST APIs and AWS Lambdas.
- Fun to work with and sense of humor appreciated.
- Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, short and long-term incentives, and a comprehensive and competitive benefits program which includes health insurance coverage, employee wellness, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and so much more.
*Please note the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and in the geographical location noted.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.