Event Producer - Remote Eligible
Location: Oakland, CA
Type: Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Min. Experience: Mid-Level
Base plus annual bonus: $120,000 - $170,000, plus benefits
GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
Are you passionate about designing experiences that foster human connection, build community and lead to positive environmental and social outcomes?
GreenBiz Group is seeking a full-time Event Producer for VERGE, the leading climate tech event. The Producer will be responsible for creating an inspiring, empowering and cohesive experience for the VERGE community — one that aligns with and supports the event’s mission of accelerating solutions to the climate crisis. The Producer will work to bring the larger vision and mission of VERGE to life in ways that are immersive, informative and unforgettable.
The ideal candidate is creative, connected, passionate and self-directed — someone energized about and capable of setting ambitious visions, aligning key stakeholders around them, and rolling up their sleeves on creative execution. The position will evolve to align with the unique and strategic view the Event Producer brings, as well as the emergent needs of the climate tech community and GreenBiz more broadly.
This role will report to the SVP and Executive Director of VERGE, and collaborate closely with others across GreenBiz, as well as with external partners, contractors and vendors. Beyond the responsibilities outlined below, additional duties may emerge as business needs for this position and GreenBiz’s other industry leading events evolve.
Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $120,000 - $170,000, plus health and wellness benefits.
Community and Culture
Build and nurture an inclusive, connected and collaborative culture at VERGE that fosters intimacy at scale, including:
- Concept and produce experiential activations that build community through immersive, participatory and physically engaging moments.
- Curate themed spaces, lounges and meet-ups that enable people to connect by industry or shared interest, encourage organic connections and form new partnerships.
- Deploy creative tools to facilitate connection, conversation and collaboration, such as question prompts, ask-and-offer technologies and digital detox areas.
- Incorporate opportunities for more embodied experiences, such as movement, hikes, tours and excursions that showcase climate solutions in action.
- Explore how AI or other tech tools can be leveraged to help participants find the people, programming and experiences most meaningful for them.
Art and Activations
Shape the strategy for how VERGE can accelerate the the broader culture change needed to confront the climate crisis, including:
- Integrate art and activations throughout the venue and program that open hearts and minds, such as large-scale installations, curated showcases, performances and more.
- Lead on the VERGE Call for Artists, including evaluating proposals, managing budget and overseeing logistics.
- Drive strategic partnerships with mission-aligned organizations to position VERGE as a platform for:
- Art exhibitions featuring cutting edge environmental artists
- Film festivals featuring groundbreaking climate and sustainability films
- Music festivals featuringmajor artists dedicated to climate
Tech Demos and Showcases
Help position VERGE as the place where companies large and small come to demonstrate their climate tech in action, including:
- Help evolve the expo and tech demo experiences to reinforce VERGE as the epicenter of climate solutions and place to see where the world is headed.
- Influence the vision and strategy for how showcases, pavilions and activations are incorporated into the event, including collaborating internally and externally with partners and sponsors where appropriate.
- Establish an AR / VR experience or showcase that enables participants to engage with climate change and solutions in an immersive way, including bringing in strategic partners to realize this vision.
Collaborate closely with others across GreenBiz to help foster alignment, innovation and efficiency, including with the:
- Climate Tech Team to understand the VERGE markets and develop programs that best serve, inspire and grow the communities around them.
- Operations Team on creative ways to showcase the event’s sustainability practices and support operationalizing VERGE experiences in a streamlined, collaborative way.
- Sales Team to brainstorm new revenue generating opportunities and help design custom activations that serve current sponsor goals.
- CreativeTeam on the design and production of VERGE to ensure activations are consistent with brand guidelines and standards.
- Marketingand Digital Teams on telling the larger story of VERGE in ways that reinforce unique brand positioning and build energy around the event and community.
Impact and Metrics
Help define metrics and tactics that provide quantitative and qualitative evidence of the impacts that result from participating in VERGE, including:
- Deploy creative strategies to capture individuals’ personal stories and also tell the larger, collective story of how VERGE is helping to confront the climate crisis.
- Evaluate, innovate and iterate on an ongoing basis to ensure the design and experience of VERGE is best serving, nurturing and growing the climate tech community.
This position is ideal for someone who is interested in taking a leadership position to help evolve the vision and strategy for GreenBiz events. We are looking for someone who has:
- Relevant Experience: Mid-level career with 8-10 years of relevant experience in event production, experience design, interactive exhibits and community building.
- Leadership Skills: Experience working cross-functionally to motivate and align diverse stakeholders, both internally and externally, around a shared vision to deliver projects.
- Detail Orientation: Proficient at project managing many moving pieces at once, deploying exceptional systems for organization, and believes the magic is in the details.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: Brings a solutions-oriented mindset to both independent and collaborative problem solving, and thrives being resourceful amidst design constraints.
- Technological Proficiencies: Comfort using Google Apps, Airtable, ClickUp and other tools — or are willing to learn new platforms and systems that you don’t already know.
- Passion and Positivity: Shows up with empathy, humility, and curiosity. Someone who is not the type of person to say, “That’s not my job;" but instead, “How can I help?”Consistently motivated to create a positive impact — for the GreenBiz community, colleagues, partners and in service of positive environmental and social change.
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun. We have an office in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, but the majority of us work remotely. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.