The Manager - General Assembly (Night Shift) position is a key role here at Rivian. Our managers motivate their teams to be their best and drive best practices to hit production milestones. Our team members rely on the direction and support of their managers for every shift to provide leadership and motivation.
This is what you’ll do:
- Make a critical impact as you work with plant operations and manufacturing leaders and team members, drive continuous improvements and meet and exceed quality, cost and other goals.
- Leverage your strong training and mentorship skills to manage and develop teams while also driving process improvements and serving as a change manager where needed.
- Enjoy a welcoming atmosphere, ongoing challenges, and opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Have the autonomy to make key contributions combined with the support of other managers.
- Enjoy competitive compensation, bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits.
- Have opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
- Ensuring the assembly of quality products at or below budgeted production costs to meet marketplace demand.
- Developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Leveraging your Lean Six Sigma and analytical skills to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
- Supporting managers and supervisors.
- Helping to manage and develop teams.
- Team/department performance results.
- Manpower requirements and balancing in General Assembly and coordination with other departments.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets and KPI’s.
- Meeting daily quality goals set by KPI’s.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company KPI’s.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives.
This is what you’ll need:
- 7-10 years working experience in Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive).
- 5+ years Manufacturing Supervisory Experience (preferably automotive).
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI's, and efficiency reporting.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coach and mentor.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Ability to control resources and policy formation.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite programs.
- Problem solving experience – 8D method.
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience.
- 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- A four-year degree preferred.
- Specialized knowledge and strong experience in manufacturing operations, Experience in a high-mix, high-volume environment is highly preferred.
- Experience providing leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement. Certification is an advantage.
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing General Assembly
Location: Normal, IL