Aeris Technologies Inc, a subsidiary of Project Canary, PBC, designs, manufactures, and commercializes the next-generation of laser-based gas analyzers used in a variety of applications such as quantifying greenhouse gas emissions, atmospheric pollutants, and natural gas leaks.
Project Canary is the leading provider of on-demand climate insights for emission-intensive companies. Our company provides operational insights, emissions data, and Verified Climate Attributes™ to decarbonize energy systems by integrating sensor data with real-time portal and in-depth data analytics. We are the leaders of independently verified climate credentials that support investment, safety, reporting, and disclosure actions.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical emissions data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Fundraise totaling $121M (Series A of $10M in 2021, Series B of $111M in 2022)
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
- 2022 Best Company to Work For by both the Denver Business Journal and the Denver Post
- Headcount growth by 3X in 2022 and growing
Project Canary’s & Aeris Technologies’ success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
Aeris Technologies Inc. is seeking an experienced Customer Support Engineer to join our team in Hayward, CA.
As a Customer Support Engineer at Aeris, you will be the first point of contact to provide assistance and ensure the customers get the best support to operate their Aeris state-of-the-art laser-based gas analyzers.
We are seeking self-motivated candidates that possess suitable skills, including familiarity with troubleshooting complex systems, as well as excellent organizational and communication skills. New hires will be trained by joining the Test department for a few weeks. By assembling and testing new instrument builds, the new Customer Support Engineer will gain advanced knowledge about the Aeris gas analyzers. This expertise will be required to be effective at providing assistance remotely to Aeris's customers.
- Handle customer's technical inquiries by email, phone, messaging.
- Escalate inquiry tickets to more senior team members when necessary.
- Contribute to the troubleshooting documentation such as Standard Operation Procedures and flow charts that allow to follow effective steps based on observed symptoms.
- During the initial training, assembly and test of instruments and associated components including optical, electrical, and mechanical sub-assemblies.
- Contribute to gas analyzers troubleshooting, repair, and servicing.
- Perform remote software and configuration updates.
- Bachelors, Associates degree or certificate in related technical fields (preferably engineering, science, instrumentation and/or optical technology) with one year of applicable experience in scientific instrumentation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and team members.
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision after initial training.
- Familiarity with Linux, Bash and Python scripts preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive electronic components, including use of multimeters, oscilloscopes, and other electronic test equipment.
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Monthly Flex Choice Stipend – choice between public transportation or wellness assistance
- Salary range: $60,000 - $80,000 annual base