Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
SunPower Corporation is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to design, develop and deliver software for the Residential Sales workstream. This role will report to the SunPower Engineering Software Development Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing high-performance software solutions using Ruby on Rails, React.js, and Typescript to meet end-to-end process requirements and support a nationwide residential sales process
- Develop and implement features to ensure high-quality, reliable, scalable, and secure software.
- Perform peer code reviews, follow technical implementation details, create test suites and specs, troubleshooting, and deployment activities
- Partner with the product management team and peers to clarify technical implementation and scope of the work
- Implement Ruby on Rails stack deployment on Google Cloud and AWS Cloud using Kubernetes
- Perform code deployment activities and support weekly product release cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts, abstraction/inheritance, and common design patterns as well as experience with relational databases and datastores
- Proficient with RESTful API implementation, and integrating with 3rd party systems (i.e.: AWS S3, Salesforce, third-party APIs)
- Expert with code versioning systems (Git) and deployment pipelines (Jenkins/Circle CI)
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Datadog or other logging/monitoring platforms
- Must be a creative thinker and can recognize and solve problems by thinking outside the box.
- Ability to discuss and debate all options to achieve the optimal solution.
- Flexible, ability to adapt to develop solid solutions
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fun to work with and a sense of humor appreciated.
- Passionate about operational excellence, quality, and code cleanliness
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.