About Good Eggs
At our core, we represent radical freshness, impeccable quality, curated selections and exceptional service. Picked yesterday, baked this morning, by the people we know and trust. We go straight to the source and bring only the best right to you. We're Good Eggs.
About the Role
As a Facilities Coordinator, you will champion well run facilities by providing a wide range of organizational support, including placing orders, labor and vendor scheduling, employee safety considerations and administrative support. You will be responsible for coordinating all facilities-related work for the Maritime Fulfillment Center and the Good Eggs Kitchen. You will interact with managers, employees and collaborate with other teams on a daily basis and often serve as the main point of contact for facilities-related topics and administrative needs. This role performs a wide variety of duties that assist management and employees in their business roles with the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate all Facilities vendors, team work priorities & direction, and support systems.
- Provide safety direction and train facility employees and contractors as needed.
- Ensure that OSHA health and safety standards are met and arrange for repairs when needed, tracking maintenance and coordinating site visits with external vendors.
- Assist in project implementation and project tracking with vendors and or managers.
- Maintain and update internal safety training documentation.
- Maintain and update external approved vendor contacts..
- Represent Facilities in inter-departmental meetings to support and facilitate communication and action between departments especially around employee safety..
- Independently maintain and update administrative policies and processes.
- Set up, maintain, and organize the department's reporting requirements or files, vendor and cost information, and filing, etc. .
- Assist facilities staff in locating parts, supplies, and materials.
- Prepare and maintain RFP’s, bid information, and other contract documents.
- Prepare internal bill-backs and documents for events supported by the Facilities organization.
- Manage the ticket system, including receiving work requests, assigning work orders, entering system data, and providing the overall system administration.
- Ensure complete cleaning and minor repairs as needed.
- Track inventory supply and establish min/max inventory controls.
- Facilitate equipment training and safety training to comply with OSHA laws.
- 2+ years of facilities coordination or similar experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience using a computerized maintenance management system. Experience working with an HRIS or similar software is a plus.
- Must be highly organized.
- Experience with Excel or Google sheets is required.
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite (i.e. Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with facilities equipment and power tools
- You are willing to work at least one if not both weekends as a regular part of your 5-day work schedule
- You are an expert at multitasking and can balance the day-to-day employee support needs, and will not flinch when interruptions occur and priorities change.
- You are organized, flexible, and patient. You are phenomenal with deadlines, timely responses, and problem-solving.
- You are committed to strong communication with your team.
- You believe that no task is too big or small; you are willing to pitch in wherever needed.
- You get the job done and make things happen, even if the day is not perfect.
- You are adaptable and will help other teams when your job is done, that is how we work at Good Eggs.
- Open concept office environment within a warehouse setting. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. The working environment is somewhat noisy. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions.
- Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 4 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 4 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 6 hours per day.
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 3 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
Why work for Good Eggs?
Work for a purpose-driven company in an incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members. Our benefits and compensation package is the following for this role:
Targeted compensation range: $25/hr
Equity: 4,000 options
9 days of Paid Sick Time
Enrollment after 90 days in our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (not matching at this time)
For employees working 30+ hours per week, Medical, Dental and Vision plans with Kaiser & United Healthcare
Generous Parental Leave
Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability - all eligible employees receive coverage
20% Employee Discount
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.
As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can't receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.
The Good Eggs Compensation Philosophy:
We offer competitive compensation based on market rates, evaluated bi-annually. Our final offer is based on years of experience, length of time with title, and demonstrated impact while in previous roles, combined with our compensation philosophy.
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.