Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a Performance Engineer for Residential business unit. The Performance Engineer reports to the Performance Team Lead. The Performance Engineer is responsible for data validation, performance reporting and analysis and is expected to interact directly with O&M and Design Engineering stakeholders and/or Site Owners for any system performance-related activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Performs simple to complex tasks such as quote and proposal design review, installation review, performance analysis, identifying active and potential issues, providing recommendations, etc.
- Assists in the development of tools and methods to improve process efficiency and work quality
- Consistently meets productivity metrics while adhering to standard process
- Can work regularly and consistently with very minimal supervision
- In charge of basic to advanced underperformance analysis at pre- and post- installation
- In charge of data validation and delivery of Production Reports to Customers
- Regularly interacts with colleagues and ensure process alignment
- Directly clarifies gray areas with stakeholders pertaining to non-standard requests
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Preferred educational background:
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic, Civil, Mechanical, Computer/Telecommunications, Chemical)
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- 0-2 years related work experience in general engineering, reporting and analytics
- Basic understanding of PV technology, solar power, power generation, data acquisition
- Basic knowledge on at least one on each tool category:
- Data Analytics Tools (MS Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python)
- Performance Analysis Tools (PVWatts, PVSol, PVSyst, SAM, PVGrid, PVSim)
- PV Design Solutions (Aurora, BlueSol, Helioscope, PVSketch, PVComplete, PVCAD)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Demonstrates very good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work night shift, weekends, US/Philippine holidays
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Location: ROHQ
- This is an FTE position
- Candidate must be willing to work in Binan Laguna
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the Philippines
- Candidate must be willing to render overtime as business requires (weekends, US/PH holidays)
- Candidate must be flexible to work on a night shift schedule supporting North America region
- Candidate will be on flexible work arrangement (combination of onsite and remote work) (if applicable depending on the nature of the job)
- Tool of Trade: Laptop/Desktop, Extended Monitor, Headset (as needed)
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.