Project Canary is the leading provider of on-demand climate insights for emission-intensive companies. Our company provides operational insights, emissions data, and Verified Climate Attributes™ to decarbonize energy systems by integrating sensor data with real-time portal and in-depth data analytics. We are the leaders of independently verified climate credentials that support investment, safety, reporting, and disclosure actions.
Initially, we are focused on the energy industry. With thousands of energy assets analyzed and hundreds of environmental and air quality sensors currently deployed, Project Canary is positioned better than anyone to provide empirical emissions data—and we have the ARR and growing pains to prove it.
Founded in 2019, Project Canary, PBC has quickly gained recognition as a category leader in the continuous monitoring space. Through a mission driven approach Project Canary uses dynamic means for cross team collaboration to achieve our very best for our planet and people alike. Here are some highlights from last year:
- Series A of $10M in 2021
- Series B of $111M in 2022
- Certified as a B-Corporation with a score of 107.6 & ranked in the top 5% in 2 categories
- 2022 Best Company to Work For by both the Denver Business Journal and the Denver Post
- Headcount growth by 3X in 2022 and growing
Project Canary’s success is attributed to the motivation, skill, and teamwork of everyone. The team understands the importance of maintaining a culture where relationships are valued, feedback is crucial, and trust in each other and our products/services is paramount. If you enjoy a growth-stage environment, mission-driven work and are eager to collaborate, we want to hear from you.
The Strategy Analyst will be part of the growing business unit focusing on technology development and new market expansions, reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives. They are responsible for researching technology, market, and policy developments and synthesizing insights to inform strategic decisions. They will work closely with the VP of Product Innovation and COO as well as cross-functionally to support other business units. As a scaling PBC, we have excellent benefits, a people-first oriented culture and
policies, and an environment of fun that celebrates.
- Research cutting edge developments in technology, market dynamics, and policy.
- Draft reports for internal stakeholder education and awareness.
- Develop strategic insights to identify new opportunities and refine hypotheses.
- Develop proposals and drive to product validation and development.
- Engage external stakeholders for data and feedback on innovative initiatives.
- Develop processes to track and prioritize initiatives within the innovations team.
- 2+ years of experience in a role requiring problem-solving and research
- Curiosity—environmental monitoring is rapidly evolving—you will need to constantly seek new sources of information to refine your hypotheses and views.
- Self-starter—the playbook for environmental monitoring is being written—you will need to be comfortable moving forward with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Analytical—there is no shortage of opportunities; you will need to leverage quantitative and qualitative data to quickly assess initiatives and technologies.
- Presentation and Communication—this work involves diverse stakeholder groups—you must be able to distill complex ideas and information into simplified models and convey with clarity to audiences of different familiarity and technical background.
- Collaboration—scaling a climate-tech startup is a team effort—you will need to leverage your developed insights to support other business units.
- Full coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance (low deductibles)
- 401K company match (no vesting period)
- Stock options
- Student loan assistance
- Unlimited PTO (minimum rule of taking at least 3 weeks off in a year)
- Company sponsored wellness days (Fall hike, ski/snowboard days and more)
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave (gender neutral) including adoptions
- Flex Choice Stipend between free parking, free RTD, or wellness assistance
- Dog friendly office
- Salary range: $75,000 - $105,000 annual base
- Flexible work environment - Must reside near Denver