Are you ready to rise to the challenge of climate change with the team that will deliver? Form Energy is a U.S. technology and manufacturing company that is developing and commercializing pioneering energy storage technologies to enable the electric grid to run on 100% renewable energy, every day of the year.
Supported by leading investors such as Breakthrough Energy Ventures, ArcelorMittal, TPG Rise, MIT’s The Engine, and others, we share a common belief that low-cost, multi-day energy storage is the key to enable tomorrow’s zero carbon electric grid. Driven by our core values of humanity, excellence, and creativity, we are deeply motivated and inspired to create a better world. We need talented, hardworking individuals who share our goal of tackling the challenge of climate change. Do you want to work with us today to build a better tomorrow?
The R&D Engineering team acts as an interdisciplinary internal consulting group serving the hardware needs of Form’s battery development and manufacturing teams. We work closely with subject matter experts to deliver solutions that help us better understand Form’s battery technology as well as how we can manufacture batteries at scale. We need your help to design and build creative solutions to Form’s most pressing challenges. This is a great opportunity to solve a wide array of technical problems while interfacing with many cross functional teams at Form Energy.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, and test new prototypes across teams to improve our technology
- Define mechanical requirements from electrochemical testing needs
- Integrate auxiliary equipment into test stands to support cell function
- Perform hands-on prototyping of your designs using rapid prototyping methods
- Produce engineering documents such as SOPs, technical drawings, and supporting design justification
- Develop processes and specify equipment for lab-scale test vehicle production
- Promote safety, especially in the development of new laboratory processes or experiments
What You'll Bring:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field
- Some previous mechanical design experience (through industrial internship or academic positions)
- Experienced in computer-aided design (CAD) (Solidworks preferred)
- Prototyping or other relevant hands-on experience
- Excellent communication across a range of engineering and business disciplines
Besides joining a community of people working to make the world better, Form Energy commits to you equitable compensation, stock options, and offers a generous benefits package to make sure you have the support you need to thrive.
We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for full time employees. We offer a flexible Paid Time Off program and every employee, regardless of gender identity or expression, is eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. A full listing of our benefits is available on our careers page.
At Form Energy, we are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.