Indigo Ag is a mission-driven company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We innovate across a breadth of technology and science disciplines to help enhance agriculture's long-term sustainability and profitability and mitigate the climate crisis. We seek to positively impact the world through the digital and biological solutions we bring to the market, creating a more resilient earth, healthier economies, and thriving communities. Our people build partnerships, explore the science, and engineer the technology to help grow the future of sustainable agriculture. The only way to achieve it is through a unique combination of expertise – from Fortune 500 to academia, soil science and agriculture, to tech start-ups.
The Sustainability Sciences team connects cutting edge science and research with quantification methodologies at scale through deeply cross disciplinary work. We define the science requirements behind high-quality carbon credits, collaborate with scientists across academia and industry, and work on world class data sets and experiments to advance the science around sustainability and agriculture.
We are looking for a Science Partnership Administrator to support the Scientific Engagement and Tech Exploration team within Sustainability Sciences.
Our team works with experts in software engineering, policy, agronomy, design, product, and data science to help farmers get paid for sustainable practices, for example creating credits for practice changes that draws carbon from the air into the soil and reduces emissions (often called Carbon Farming or regenerative agriculture).
In order to quantify impact rigorously and cost effectively we collect data on farming practices, remote sensing, and other data sources that we combine with direct measurement data to model and analyze GHG and soil carbon outcomes and other sustainability attributes. We are using science, agriculture, data, technology, and software engineering to fight climate change and support grower success when making sustainability-driven decisions.
- As a Administrator at Indigo you play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of our external science collaboration & tech explorations including:
- Directly support active grant partnerships and enablement including grant reporting, agreement support, and tracking of deliverables
- Support engagement with the scientific community including coordinating application to new grant opportunities, development of contracts, scheduling with Universities and NGOs, and facilitating new partnerships
- Develops and manages a system for tracking grant expenditures and receivables
- Maintain a comprehensive index of university and industry players in this space in order to identify opportunities for Indigo to leverage external resources to tap into expertise
- Comfortably interact with the Legal team to deliver non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and master service agreements (MSAs) in a timely manner. Facilitate statements of work (SOWs) and data sharing agreements (DSAs)
- Support and enhance a team culture that values inquiry, rigor, and care for each other
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Are comfortable with Outlook, Salesforce, AirTable (or other database management)
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented, and have the ability to initiate and install administrative programs and procedures, and to evaluate their effectiveness
- Have successfully supported multiple programs or grants concurrently before
- Know how to communicate in a remote-first environment
- Are self-directed and enjoy supporting people to meet their goals and use time efficiently, as well as figuring out the most important problem to work on
- Are excited to support the science behind Indigo’s sustainability science initiatives.
- Are excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a similar role
At Indigo, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family medical history or genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Indigo believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members are critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.