Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
SunPower is looking for a motivated person with great technical and interpersonal skills to join the SunPower Desktop Support team. This person will primarily be expected to diagnose and resolve laptop and network issues for employees ranging from executive staff to knowledge workers and field staff as well as work with other support teams to resolve other concerns as assigned. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team environment and having projects assigned while also having the freedom to work independently to implement their own ideas and solutions to help further SunPower’s goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and assist in resolving issues in the ticketing system daily
- Primary executive support contact during business hours
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Dell Latitude, Precision, and Apple MacBook systems
- Assist in troubleshooting efforts for other Business Technology operations teams
- Provide assistance with lab equipment as necessary
- Collaborates within and outside area of responsibility
- Work as part of a team to resolve moderately complex problems and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar and 2+ years of related experience
- Or an advanced degree with 0+ years of experience
- Or equivalent related working experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience with diagnosing and troubleshooting Windows applications and networking
- Experience working with a ticketing system
- Experience managing applications for multiple employees
- Extra certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+ or Security+
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for working hours
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable method
- Able to position and move objects up to 10 pounds
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- The position requires travel with the potential of overnight stays between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Less than or equal to 10% travel.
- Day-to-day work is completed in the office on a personal computer M-F, first shift hours
- Ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines, and telephones, but occasionally may be above average for portions of the business day
$76,032 - $114,032
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, short and long-term incentives, and a comprehensive and competitive benefits program that includes health insurance coverage, employee wellness, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and so much more.
*Please note the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and in the geographical location noted.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.