Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Summary of Role:
SunPower is looking for a Pricing Operations Analyst.
The Pricing Operations Analyst will work with partners in pricing, sales, finance, product management, and overall executive management team to help SunPower achieve its sales and profitability targets. This person will be hands-on in managing the key components of profitability in our residential business: pricing, item costing, volume, and mix, and will be constantly monitoring and adjusting those levers as needed. The Pricing Analyst will have line-of-sight to several other key areas of profitability, including transportation, incentives, and special pricing agreements. This person should be inquisitive, analytical, and organized to manage our pricing activities efficiently and accurately.
*Depending on the location of the successful candidate, this position may be filled in Austin, TX or Bellevue, WA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute pricing strategies to grow sales profitably, including attach rates, bundling, discount programs, volume discounting, etc.
- Partner with sales teams to execute pricing strategies across 2500 items and 1000+ customers.
- Manage all day-to-day items and customer pricing exceptions in Oracle
- Establish audits and monitors to ensure accurate price implementation and profit margins with current inventory costs
- Monitor special price agreements (SPA) and track dealer performance against them
- Develop pro-forma key customer profitability models based on inputs from finance, sales and supply chain and then track the results monthly as a report to management
- Support sales team with pricing requests and incentive analysis
- Establish process and systems to monitor the residential solar marketplace to ensure competitiveness
- Maintain and update pricing information in a timely manner via active communication with supply chain and product management
- Partner with sales teams to collect and manage competitive pricing information
- Candidate's strongly preferred to be
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Business Management type role
- 1 - 3 years of pricing related experience (Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Actuarial, Accounting, IT / technical field, database management, or reporting)
- Must be strongly detail-oriented and have project management and follow through skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to handle multiple proposals and deadlines at once
- Expertise with MS Excel and Oracle or other ERP
- Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as business plans, operating and maintenance instructions, and dealer contracts
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, team members, etc.
- Ability to communicate with Finance, Sales and Marketing stakeholders regularly, clearly and effectively
- Experience in managing pricing in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Salesforce and SQL
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.