Intern – Leaders in Climate Change Management ProgramWho we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.About your role:
WRI India is seeking an intern for their new capacity building program, Leaders in Climate Change Management (LCCM). The Program is being delivered in partnership with the National Institute of Urban Affairs, the Indian School of Business, the United Nations Environment Program and the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation.
The program aims to create a pool of 4000-5000 ‘Climate Change Leaders’ across the country, and across sectors, who are empowered to design, develop, and implement the right solutions in their roles or departments. The program will facilitate a better understanding of climate change and how India’s economic growth can move ahead in a climate-friendly way. Its uniqueness will be in its design that combines online learning with face-to-face learning, and hands-on project work to demonstrate climate management actions.
The program is currently anchored by WRI India’s Executive office, with the support of all our program verticals. The intern will be reporting to the Program Coordinator for the LCCM Program. How you day will unfold:
Research and ideation on frameworks for the LCCM
• Review and conduct quality check on program content
• Developing a database of existing/new case studies, group exercises and other material that could support the program
• Identifying potential options for site visits and study tours
Support with Program Coordination
• Support Learning Management system solutions
• Other Program Management support on a need-basisSkills and Qualifications:
• Post-graduation in any subject related to climate change and sustainable development; a focus on urban sustainability would be an advantage
• Exposure to using EdTech, managing LMS, or digital instructional videos is a plus
• Strong research, writing and communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to think creativelyStipend: 25000 Per MonthLocation: Delhi (Offline) IndiaDuration: 3 Months, 5/Days a WeekList of Documents to be attached:ResumeCover LetterOnly shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here