Intern- Public Transport, Sustainable Cities, Indore Who we are and what we do?WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and TransportAt WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives. About your role:
Support with Survey, Focus Group Discussions (FGDs), and Data Management for public transport study
As part of our study on public transport accessibility levels in Bangalore, we plan to conduct Household surveys and Focus Group Discussions in a few slum localities.
The selected candidate for this role will assist us with the following tasks:
- Survey management: Assist WRI India, survey agency, and slum communities directly involved with the study. Coordinate between these stakeholders to ensure timely completion.
- Data management: Ensure collected survey data doesn’t have major issues. Assist in cleaning datasets, coding long answers, and combining responses from different languages.
- Focus Group Discissions: Assist in designing, planning, and conducting FGDs after the surveys.
- Research and writing: Assist in preparing reports, presentations, and posts suitable for stakeholders in the government and also the general audience, with a focus on influencing policy and practice.
Skills and Qualifications we seek:
- Education: Pursuing or complete under-graduate or post-graduate degree in public policy, social welfare, urban / transport planning, or related fields.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi.
- Past experience in conducting surveys and FGDs.
- Handling datasets in Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of data analysis software.
- Colloquial understanding of transportation and housing issues in Indore.
Location: Indore, India (Not Remote Work)
Stipend: 25,000 Per Month
Joining date: At the earliest
Duration: 2 Months
List of Documents to be attached:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose. Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here