The Diagnostic Specialist role leverages each part of the knowledge, skill and experience that comes from a career in the Automotive Industry, giving to the specialty as a Diagnostics Professional. Your attention to detail and focus on quality, will have led to your having a deeper understanding of core systems and technologies than is required to simply “make the repair”. Having adopted a continuous improvement mindset, is what drives the Diagnostic Specialist to integrate the many facets of their abilities in complex diagnostics with the connected vehicles being produced today. These efforts come together to provide the consumer with a Service Experience rarely found in the automotive industry. Responsibilities include, pre-diagnostics, diagnostic content collection, reporting and development, cross-functional support and development, as well as direct “in Service” diagnostic support. This will be a hybrid opening reporting out of our South San Francisco Service Center location and reports directly to the Senior Manager.
- Perform diagnostics using a combination of technical understanding of Rivian products, experience with integrated automotive systems, use of specialized diagnostic tools, and an understanding of logged vehicle data to arrive at likely causes for reported concerns.
- Producing high quality documentation in both Service Operational and Engineering document systems.
- Communicate cross-functionally with logistics personnel in support of Service operational needs specific to repair planning.
- Produce test and/or repair plans using data collected through diagnostic information systems, with an emphasis on interpreting connected vehicle data.
- Provide accurate logistic recommendations for vehicle part allocation specific to repair plans,
- Evaluate and perform remote repairs to concerns that have been determined to be safe and effectively performed without local access to the vehicle.
- Ensure an industry leading customer repair experience through skilled diagnostics and excellent communication of the diagnostic/repair plan with all appropriate cross-functional teams prior to Service scheduling.
- Work closely with customer support teams to train and empower agents in conducting live diagnostics on common vehicle issues; as well as addressing customer concerns related to expected vehicle behavior.
- Create a culture of collaboration with individuals, cross functional teams and leadership by encouraging feedback and open communication.
- 8+ years of experience in automotive industry or automotive repair, with an emphasis on mechanical, thermal, electrical, data processing and systems integration
- Familiarity with terminal interfaces, scripting languages and experience reading/writing computer code a plus
- Experience within customer support or customer relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic
- Self-motivated, and encouraging of others
- Able to work efficiently in small groups, large groups as well as individually
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or within tight time limits
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Experience with logistics or parts ordering systems
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Competent computer and typing skills
- Appropriate interpersonal style and communication needed to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to travel as needed
- Extremely detail oriented
- International / Cross Platform / Multi-brand and EV experience
- Experience in a Start-up environment
- A.S.E. Certifications – Current (or prior)
*This role will be located at or near a Rivian facility located in Chelsea, MA