Developing innovative testing and validation solutions using a first principles approach is critical to the successful deployment of EVs into a manufacturing environment. Rivian is using this approach to vertically integrate major vehicle systems and is developing vehicles that support a wide range of outdoor as well as commercial needs.
Rivian is seeking an excellent leader for the Staff Electrical Test Engineer role where you will build and mentor a highly capable team of engineers while being responsible for the verification and validation of advanced low voltage electrical systems.
- Decompose requirements from product plans into testable functions.
- Validate electrical system design against the requirements for all Rivian vehicles.
- Develop Integration and Test Plans that will ensure electrical system functionality.
- Develop test methods and procedures that will both stress the system and reveal any design weaknesses.
- Perform test on bucks, lab cars, prototypes, and test vehicles using various test equipment or facilities to complete testing.
- Determine the performance envelope of the vehicle electrical system to provide feedback to improve the design.
- Support and lead cross-functional teams in the root cause investigations of vehicle electrical issues.
- Share your testing knowledge and provide technical guidance to colleagues both in and around electrical group.
- BS+ Electrical Engineering, Computer, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience working in a product development or test environment.
- Proficiency with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, DAQs, DMMs, function generators, power supplies, electronic loads etc.)
- High technical competence in several aspects of electrical engineering including component level hardware design, software controls development, wire harness design, EMC, signal integrity, system interoperability, and validation methods.
- Documentation and reporting skills including project management tools like JIRA / Confluence.
- Curiosity to dive deep into electrical, software, and mechanical issues using first principles to reach a solution.
- Experience providing technical leadership that drives direction through multidisciplinary discussions.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.