In this position you will be responsible for the design, development and execution of vehicle program. Role requires high levels of initiative, independent judgement and indirect leadership capability. Able to lead teams to creative solutions and develop new processes in a compressed timeline.
- Ability to travel significantly for operational integration program topics to the Normal, IL manufacturing plant. Approx. 50% flexing slightly when needed.
- Vehicle Balance vs. marketing and styling requirements
- Support physical integration of the vehicle via design reviews with the Chief Engineer
- Support performance integration of vehicle, including driving design solutions for integration issues
- Imperative allocation to SMTs and managing imperative trade-offs
- Engineering budget trade-offs (vehicle and material focus).
- Responsible for program deliverables status at program gateways and weekly executive reviews
- Issue resolution champion and roadblock remover for cross functional issues
- Run weekly KPI meeting
- Engineering approval responsibility for engineering releases
- Design, Development, Validation, Release and Launch Execution of an all new vehicle.
- Engineering leadership including on-site support as needed at assembly plant or test locations.
- Lead Mule build execution
- Assistant to Vehicle Line Director or Vehicle Program Director
- Perform other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position
- 5 years experience on a program team
- BS in Engineering or similar technical degree required
- Masters Degree (Preferred)
- Launch experience on a vehicle program
- DRE experience
- Exposure to multiple functional areas
- Vehicle integration or calibration experience
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical systems.
- Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.