Operate non-contact laser scanning equipment (CMM/Romer) effectively in order to control processes or to assist with problem solving while maintaining sensitive metrology equipment to insure performance of the devices
- Utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and solve problems
- Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
- Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
- Assist in performing and teaching all processes and assignments within the department, with the ability to fill in as needed
- Identify and contain suspect defective material Inspect, test or measure components, products and materials being produced. Report inspection and test data.
- Continually work to control and improve manufacturing processes performance
- Responsible to participate in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
- May need to perform other duties as needed
- 1+ years of demonstrable experience with the technology (CMM, Portable scanners)
- Operate a piece of metrology equipment (CMM, Portable scanners) to assess a vehicle part adherence to print.
- Basic GD&T skills - Knowledge of symbols and how to apply those in the inspection program
- The user can make simple measurement programs in metrology software (Polyworks, Zeiss, GOM Suite.. ).
- Basic knowledge of Dataloop and navigating through it
- Basic knowledge of tooling fixtures and datum schemes.
- User can calibrate and acquire scan data with ATOS sensor, Portable scanners with minimal guidance
- User can run pre-programmed templates in metrology software (Polyworks, Zeiss, GOM Suite).
- User can interpret and explain the CMM reports to engineers.
- User can inspect smaller assemblies (closures, sub-assemblies) with some guidance using either Polyworks or GOM Inspect
- Experience with MS office-Excel, word.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.