ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft. Our focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets; initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 19-seater Dornier 228. We successfully flew the Dornier in January 2022 and we are now gearing up for commercial production. Our achievements to date have been rewarded with significant investment and being invited by UK Prime Minister to be a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate.
Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
Program Manager - Hydrogen Electrical Powertrain System (HEPS)
Working together daily with the Head of Programs, the Program Manager will have the responsibility for leading projects activities across the business.
The main tasks will be the following:
- Deploy the project management strategy and processes in order to meet business objectives and operational needs
- Define and Lead development projects based on schedule, at the agreed budget, price, quality and delivery targets
- Define and Own the Risk & Opportunities register of the allocated projects
- Define and Set the annual budget plans and resource management plans, monitor design-to-cost and design-to-manufacturing strategy, and plan project controlling structures together with the financial department and the Head of Programs
- Report and ensure alignment of program priorities, strategies, and plans to the overall vision
- Deploy Agile ways of working to deliver the programs
Needed Experience, and Qualifications and Person Specification
- MSc in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Business, or comparable degree,
- Project Management experience in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, international projects, proven accreditation (as PMP for example) as add-value,
- Experience in AGILE culture, processes, and tools,
- Proven experience in people management, attitude to empower and deploy vs concentrate and micro-management, Commercial and Business acumen
- Financial planning and controlling acumen
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Self-confident and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to develop structure and rigour to achieve the program objectives.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with EASA Part 21, Part 23, Part 25, and all relevant aerospace applicable standards is a plus
- Experience with innovation projects, prototype, and product development, and flight demonstrators in the field of sustainable aviation
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer. As a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.