Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We're looking for Product Specialists to assist in the successful roll-out of some really cool renewable technologies.
As a Product Specialist you will be on the front line supporting customers, helping them with enquiries and selling them the benefits of renewables products such as Heat Pumps and EV Chargers. You'll become a an expert in making sure those that are interested in our products, navigate the journey from enquiry to install with ease and excitement, knowing they will be one step closer to a cleaner, greener lifestyle. This is an entry level role but with scope for plenty of variety and ownership of customers expectations and satisfaction.
With a focus on ultimately selling our products to customers, you will help guide our customers through the options available to them, what they cost and how we gather the information needed to get to installation, all whilst offering the outrageously good customer service we're renowned for.
You'll be passionate about the technologies we offer and will want to become an expert in explaining these to customers. You'll also liaise closely with our survey and installation teams to make the magic happen.
This is an evolving role and you ability to deal with change in a fast paced environment is key. You’ll be working as one team with clear objectives as we try to provide customers with great new technology and as little inconvenience as possible.
Is it you we're looking for?
- We’re looking for team players who are up for a challenge; who want to work in a start-up environment and who get what great customer experience is. We need people who thrive on working as part of a team – you’ll be part of a team of Product Specialists, but more importantly part of the wider team of surveyors, mechanical designers and engineers. All trying to ensure we can install renewable tech as efficiently and effectively as possible with limited inconvenience to our customers.
- You’ll also need to be a great communicator – you’ll be liaising with wider team members about all aspects of the customers journey. You’ll be using multiple systems and tools to make sure we get results and your problem-solving skills will be called upon.
- Empathy – our field based team face challenges such as traffic and bad weather; customers with busy lives don’t want to be sat in waiting all day for their appointment – your understanding of their situations will help you make the right decisions.
- Adaptable – this is a new role and it will grow and move into areas that we haven’t yet imagined. It’s important that you’re up for new challenges and able to take on new tasks as the job develops. The energy industry is complicated and so prior energy experience would give you a great head start.
Why else you'll love it here
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.