Head of Market Development and Policy
PLEASE NOTE: Aeroseal requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless protected by religious or medical exemption.
Aeroseal’s climate technology is used by hundreds of contractors across the globe to help make buildings more energy efficient. Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions from buildings by 1 gigaton each year. To do that our constant focus is advancing our technology, testing and learning to find new ways to reach this urgent goal. It’s why we need experienced, passionate people to join our cause.
Our employees and company leadership are building a world-class culture together in which every team member can thrive professionally and personally. This collaborative approach is having an impact. We recently earned the Great Place to Work® certification based on feedback from our employees.
Interested in joining the cause and becoming a member of our team?
Who is the Head of Market Development and Policy and what do they do for Aeroseal?
They will be responsible for accelerating Aeroseal’s sales by building the company’s brand within the ecosystem of energy efficiency and building decarbonization stakeholders – regulators, policy-makers, utilities, code officials, advocates, and trade groups – to shape and grow the market. Aeroseal benefits from federal and state incentives, is subject to numerous local regulations, and our long term success will depend on successful engagement with policy makers at all levels. A successful applicant will be comfortable in external settings, adept at building deep stakeholder relationships, and willing to roll up their sleeves to understand the details. You will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the heads of each business line.
What You Will Do
As the Head of Market Development and Policy, you will be a thought leader sharing the excitement of our company while building relationships to help us grow and achieve our goals.
- Be the Expert
- Leverage policy and regulatory expertise to inform the company’s go to market strategy and support sales efforts
- Translate sophisticated technological solutions into simple applications understood by regulators and other stakeholders
- Build Relationships
- Create trust with clients as a regulatory partner and problem solver.
- Develop relationships with other thought leaders and industry experts across utilities, regulatory bodies, energy efficiency implementers and trade groups.
- Build Aeroseal's brand as an industry expert - speak at conferences, participate in panels, testify before regulatory bodies, draft and file comments.
- Transform the Market
- Work with partners to advance changes to best practices, policy, and regulation to accelerate efforts to decarbonize buildings.
Experience & Qualifications You'll Need
- 10+ years of relevant experience (e.g. startup + industry + government)
- Knowledge and familiarity with building energy code development, the utility industry, and/or other regulated markets
- Record of successfully advocating with external stakeholders and building relationships
- Trusted by senior management to deliver results on high profile projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex topics into clear and simple messages.
- Comfortable defending positions, persuading team members, and presenting externally
- Strong business judgment and an ability to prioritize what matters most to bottom line
- Comfort with ambiguous problems, undefined solutions, and a fast pace
Where You’ll Be Doing Your Job
- This position is flexible. Aeroseal is headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, but this role can be remote.
- There is a preference for candidates near a major airport.
- This position requires 15-25% travel.
Aeroseal is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Aeroseal recognizes that climate change disproportionately affects people from historically marginalized backgrounds. Our company is committed to building an inclusive and respectful culture, and we strive to build a firm that reflects the populations that our work serves. We highly encourage applications from women, people of color, and people from other backgrounds historically underrepresented in the energy and climate tech community.